This policy describes how Blackwood collects, uses, and shares personal information.
Types of Data We Collect
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify or contact you. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify you. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides some examples of the type of data that we collect from you:
Contexts and Types of Data and Purpose for Collection
We may collect your name and contact information when you create an account.
We may collect personal information from you, such as your age, photo, or location.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we may collect personal information necessary to process your application. This may include, among other things, your tax identification number.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.
When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we may collect your email address or postal address.
We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.
We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
How We Use and Process Your Personal Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our website
- To perform under a contract
- To provide the products and services you request
- To improve our services and product offerings
- To conduct analytics
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you
How We Share Your Personal Data
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Afilliates and Acquisitions We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Service Providers We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, and provide technical support.
- Suppliers We may share your personal information with our suppliers
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Data:
- Changes To Your Personal Information We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. All requests to correct your information must be directed to the originating source.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Data Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Some users may have the right to request that we delete their personal information. All deletion requests must be directed to operations@Blackwoodfederal.com. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information, it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation Of Consent We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Access To Your Personal Data If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about a user. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact” section.
- Online Tracking We do not currently recognize browser signals of tracking preferences, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website may permit you to create an account. When you do you may be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
How You May Contact Us Regarding Personal Information
If you would like to request access to or the deletion of your personal information, or have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to all requests or refer you to the appropriate party.
If you are not satisfied with Blackwood’s response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Data to Other Countries Your personal information may be processed in jurisdictions, like the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in such jurisdictions.
- Third Party Applications/Websites We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.